Berlin 2018 mascot Berlino was the perfect host to his Glasgow 2018 counterpart Bonnie The Seal at the weekend with the latter travelling to the German capital to experience the sights and sounds of one of the great cities of the world.
Berlin will stage the 2018 European Athletics Championships between 7-12 August as part of the inaugural multisport European Championships, with six more sports having their continental championships in the Scottish city between 2-12 August.
Berlino meets @GLA2018Mascot ! The perfect match. Find out about the sightseeing trip of tour guide Berlino and his guest Bonnie, the official mascot of @Glasgow2018! @Euro_Champs #Berlin2018 #RoadtoBerlin #DasSportFestival #TheMoment pic.twitter.com/6TylrNJnoW— Berlin EM 2018 (@berlin_2018) June 25, 2018
Bonnie's sightseeing tour took in many of Berlin’s famous monuments including the Berlin Olympic Stadium which will be the venue for the 2018 European Athletics Championships and promoted the European Championships; of course, they also couldn’t resist indulging in what many Berliners consider their favourite pastime apart from watching or participating in sport… drinking coffee on a sunlit outdoor terrace.
Wowee what a fantastic time I had on my recent trip to Berlin sightseeing with #Berlino Ã¢˜€ Thanks for the tour pal @berlin_2018 - hope to show you all the amazing places in Glasgow to visit #TheMoment https://t.co/qyVttxkp5t— Bonnie The Seal (@GLA2018Mascot) June 25, 2018
[PHOTO src='1284339' size='mediumLandscape' align='right']
More information on the 2018 European Championships:
- The Berlin 2018 European Athletics Championships will be part of the first multi-sport European Championships along with co-hosts Glasgow.
- It will be a must-watch, must-attend experience that elevates the status of European Champions, uniting existing European Championships to celebrate the highest honour in European sport and celebrating the defining moments that create Champions.
- It is the continent’s ultimate multi-sport event, an 11-day celebration of European sport staged every four years.
- Seven of Europe’s leading sports (athletics, aquatics, rowing, golf, cycling, gymnastics, triathlon) will be brought together for the first edition.
- The European Athletics Championships in Berlin will be staged 7-12 August. The six other sports will be staged in Glasgow through 2-12 August.
- 4500 athletes and 52 nations will compete across the seven sports.
- Potential TV audience of over one billion with millions more across multiple digital platforms.
- Over half a million spectators expected.